Thursday, January 20, 2011

Blog Post 1

My name is Cherish Hamner. I am currently a Junior at South Alabama majoring in Elementary Education. I am from Tuscaloosa, Alabama. I lived in that wonderful city for all of my life. Immedietly, I know what you are thinking, "Is she is a huge Alabama fan? And why did she not attend the University of Alabama?" The anwer is yes I am a Bama fan, but I was looking for something different. So I moved toward the beach for my college experience.
I am the oldest of three girls. My poor father has to deal with a lot of women in the house. I was initially inspired by my mother to become an elementary teacher. She has been a Kendergarden teacher for 21 years. I enjoy working with children and I feel like this is my opportunity to give back to the community.
Since I came to South Alabama, I have joined the Chi Omega Fraternity. These ladies have been there for me since my first day of college here at South. I have learned what it means to be a leader from these individuals. Chi Omega has given me the tools I need to achieve my goals in life. Such as organization skills, etiquitte behaviors, and leadership opportunities. Joining the sorority is one of the best decisions I could have ever made and my college experience would not have been the same without it.

4 comments:

  1. I am excited to learn in this semester's EDM 310 class!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is pretty interesting that you didn't go to U of A with you being from Tuscaloosa! I understand that though! I wanted something different too! Glad we both met up here! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found it interesting as well that you didn't attend U of A! I visited that campus last summer with one of girls when she went to cheerleading camp. That place was humongous! I don't think I could go to a college of that size, I feel like I would get lost in the shuffle. Good luck to you with your studies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. "...toward" the beach. You almost made it!

    ReplyDelete