Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Blog Post #14 (Special Assignment)


 

I definitely missed the metaphor example in that post. I guess I completely overlooked it! Most of the time I catch things like that right off but I guess not this time. Maybe I just read too much into it and decided to take the post seriously. Now I understand after Dr. Strange pointed it out! 
In the future I want to use metaphors as a learning tool in my own classroom. I want to teach them what a metaphor is and how to use them in everyday conversation. I intend to incorporate them into my lessons and use metaphors in my everyday teaching! I want my students to become comfortable with using metaphors.

Today, we use metaphors to exaggerate things all the time. We do this in most cases to tell a story. For example telling someone that it is "raining cats and dogs" really doesn't mean it is literally raining cats and dogs. It means it is simply a downpour outside! Metaphors can be so much fun if you know how to interpreter them.

I am hoping next time I come across a metaphor like in the last post I can read it like it was meant to be read. I don't want to be the girl who thinks gullible is written on the ceiling!!

No comments:

Post a Comment