Monday, February 7, 2011

Blog Post #4


Blog Post #4
Scott Mcleod:
He is a an associate Professor with his PHD in the Educational Administration Program at the University of Iowa State University, the co-director of  "DID YOU KNOW",  and has received multiple awards. Scott made excellent points. The one thing that stood out to me was that it would be difficult to accomplish this because we live in such a technology age today. It is going to be impossible to stop something that is happening at such a rapid pace. I want to protect my children one day, but I know that what they learn in school with technology is impossible to stop. This was a great post!

ISCHOOL:
     I became very interested in this kids idea of the intergration onto the ischool system by watching this video. It would be very useful for the funding of schools seeing as how it is already lacking the support. This is the way to do it if we want to integrate technology into the school system. I think it would be successful and teachers would have to worry less about the loads of paper work they inquire. 
    The usefulness of the ischool system is amazing. As we move green, you can see the awesome changes in our school systems already. This was such a great post. 

LOST GENERATION:


        This video was a very interesting piece. There was clearly a lot of thought put into this video. She talks about  family, divorce rates, poor employer to employee relationship and work ethics which I found to be so interesting. These things take such a huge role in a person's everyday life.
     It is true, we all strive to be different. Although I believe that every human was made equally, we were also made completely different. I feel what she had to say in this video some of us at one point of another have thought ourselves. I loved this video! I feel as if she was speaking directly to me!

VIRTUAL CHOIR:



This was so amazing! This is what I love about technology. It can take something like musical choirs and bring many people together for the love of music. I would have loved to participate! This is excellent use of technology!

Teaching in the 21st Century:
     Any child who can learn something such as the use of technology for school work I feel would find it fasinating. There is no limit to the use of technology and both the student and teacher are in the process of learning together. I know that this class has helped me with my personal education with the new technology so far! This was an excellent video that dealt with education vs schooling. Such a great reminder of the times we live in. I loved it!

1 comment:

  1. I am not sure I understand where you think Dr. McLeod is on the argument of safety trumping technology or technology with safety, or technology and don't worry about safety. You need to make clear how you interpret his position.

    Are you ready to be a teacher in the 21st century?

    ReplyDelete